Users browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
Oops very long post ahead.

So, I live with two people. There is Brendan, the house owner and a close friend of mine, then there is Alex, that guy that moved down here from Ohio to be Brendan's boyfriend who has some major social anxiety issues.

Long minor part of the story short, they didn't work out, but Alex still lives here.

Now when Alex moved in, some really minor things changed around the house. Like before Alex, Brendan didn't care if people wore shoes in the house, as long as it wasn't wet out, after Alex, you had to take your shoes off and put them on a shoe rack. Things that were not and are not a big deal.

Now normally when people are over, Alex will hide away downstairs in his room, which is fine, he has issues dealing with people he doesn't know so if that makes him comfortable then so be it. Sometimes even Brendan and I have issues with the amount of people over, however Brendan likes his open door policy and likes his place to be the place to escape to when people are having issues in their lives.

I've seen Alex be hella nice and make jokes, unfortunately those moments are far and few between. He has been a huge asshole to eveyone more often then not, and threatening to kick everyone out if no one owns up to the tiniest, dumbest things. Like leaving a can of soda on the counter unattended for a few minutes, for example. Or telling Brendan that "maybe they shouldn't come over then" when Brendan was trying to explain that one of our friends needs to wear shoes in the house for medical reasons. Or dumping out a full can of Red Bull then throwing it out that was just opened because no one claimed it because the person who it belonged to was playing a loud arcade machine.

Now Alex doesn't pay rent. I've been paying rent since the beginning of July. I also have a signed contract with Brendan essentually saying that I understand that the price of rent may increase or decrease depending on how many roommates currently live in the house and that I am welcome to stay as long as I want provided that I act like a mature, responsable, and civil adult.

After Alex and Brendan broke off offically, Alex had been avoiding me. Like I was sitting on the couch, playing Theatrhythm with headphones in, not using the t.v. at all, he'd peak in, see me, then hide back downstairs, Avoiding Me. So I ask if I've offended him at all, in some unknown way. He just said that we'd have to talk later.

So later, he comes to my room and we talk. He asks me to move out. He makes it seem like Brendan wants me out too by saying "He doesn't want to say this to you because you are his best friend and all and I don't see why he doesn't want to do this for me, but I think it would be for the best if you move out." and he is vauge when he talks, also mentions that he'd even ask Brendan to move out if it wasn't his house.

I told him I'd try but cannot make any promises.

After he leaves my room, I break down and cry to the point were I almost vomit, text Brendan, asking why I'm always failing when it comes being a responsable adult. He also gets a text from Alex saying that he talked to me. He instantly knows what's going on, comes and finds me, he calms me down and we talk, I told him what Alex had said about him, he was surprised.

But importantly he tells me that he wants me to be here, that he enjoys my company and that I've been a fantastic roommate. But if I want to move out of my own free will, I'm more then welcome to.

So I think about it overnight, decide not to move out after all. I refuse to let moving out of my mom's house to end in failure after not even six months of living here. Not to mention, all of the people whom are good friends with Brendan and visit often have become good friends of mine and I'm loving living here.

The next day I tell this to Alex. I tell him that I refuse to move out and that it isn't even fair of him to ask because he is not the home owner, nor does he pay rent. My voice shakes due to being nervous and I tell him in a much more civil and polite way then that. He tells me "fine, don't hang around me then." to which I tell him that I don't anyway because he doesn't seem to like me anyway so that shouldn't be a problem.

He walks to the bathroom, makes a phone call that has nothing to do with this situation, then walks downstairs, sends me a barrage of texts while I'm playing arcade machine, explaining on how I'm a shitty roommate in general and how "not even the best of friends make good roommates" and how I don't respect the house.

As I'm texting him back, he comes upstairs to explain all of this to me in person. APPARENTLY IT IS BECAUSE HE NEVER NOTICES ME TAKE OUT THE TRASH OR DO THE DISHES BECAUSE HE APPARENTLY DOES IT ALL THE TIME. Uhh, not only do I do those chores occasionally, do other things around the house, unlike him, but by paying rent, I'm helping Brendan pay the bills, and helping keeping a roof over our heads, which he also doesn't do, and I let him know this.

He basically gives up, goes back downstairs, and we don't talk to eachother for the rest of the day.

Tl;dr: Roommate who is not the home owner, and who doesn't pay rent while I do pay rent asks me to move out. I tell him no and he acts like a 5 year old spoiled brat over it. Homeowner wants me to say so me saying isn't an issue.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Maxpphire - 08-15-2012, 08:52 AM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM