Users browsing this thread: 29 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
So over the years with my Stepdad, we've found commonground in music, mainly rooted in the Classic rock/metal/classic prog areas, so I've been trying to show him some of my music and see if we can forge new bridges of awesomeness. So on the roadtrip home today I put on Opeth's newest album which is very very very proggy, jazz inspired, and classic rock as hell, all of the above he likes, but a few minutes into the second track my dad says to me "I have to say I don't like this Dylan" and so I asked him why and he told me it was because of the lyrics, which proclaim "God is Dead" throughout the song. So there goes 80-90% of what I was going to show him, since he doesn't appreciate songs that have a negative leaning on Christianity or just about God in generaln. This really bums me out because while I still have really radular music to show him, this closes a lot of doors and oppurtunities for shared music interest :C
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Gwen - 07-05-2012, 03:15 AM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM