Users browsing this thread: 33 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
Why hello there and welcome to this week's episode of: Where the fuck is Goemar's external HDD?

First let us recap...

Goemar's HDD broke (oh noes!) - but no worries! 3 year warranty from Western Digital!
Even though it's not Goemar's fault he has to pay £10 to post the HDD and cables, including the power supply, back to them. But what's £10 compared to £140?
The replacement arrives! Hurray! But oh oh... that isn't the same power supply...
It doesn't work! Let's contact Western Digital...
A week passes
Goemar complains on the WD forum and after 6 days...
Hurray contact! Goemar's "case" status is elevated.
A week passes.
Goemar asks on the forum what the fuck is going on.
His case is elevated again to the HIGHEST LEVEL
Nothing happens for ages...
Goemar complains AGAIN and FINALLY someone emails him.
A new power supply is sent.
It's bent... and European... Goemar face palms.

So now let us begin today's episdoe...

Thankfully as soon as I complained about getting a EU plug a UK one arrived the next day. Which was nice, but well... it still isn't the plug I sent back. I'm assuming it's the plug they're meant to send me though - some cheaper looking version because WD are obviously dicks.

But it STILL doesn't work. So now I don't know if it's the plug or the HDD itself (perhaps killed by the first plug they sent me). I email the guy back as he said "email me if you need further assistance" and it's been about a week now. The forum support team have pretty much gave up and just said "ring the EU team" meaning I'll have to explain all this shit to them after waiting in a line for god knows how long as they fail to use any form of database to know what my case is or what's happened so far. They'll no doubt make me pay to post it back AGAIN as well.

I'm just so sick of this I just want my damn money back.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Goemar - 06-25-2012, 05:36 AM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM