Users browsing this thread: 30 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
What? Am I reading this right? Someone has stopped being your friend/talking to you because you don't believe in God? What year is this?

I'm an Atheist. In college I did Theology and Religious Studies (I did Religious Studies at University for those following continuity) and everyone of my friends in that class, many who are still good friends today were Christian (minus one who I had a HUGE crush on only for her to turn out gay). It was no biggie. We argued (as in debates, not shouting at each other - hint to a lot of tSR), poked fun at each other and everything else friends do.

The only time someone's religious views bothered me was at University from a neo-paganism girl. She'd constantly talk about incorrect energy levels, house gnomes moving things and then started hinting that the missus was the incorrect person for me - the friendship nicely died by itself.

My point is anyone with really strong views about something, whom are constantly pushing them (like Jehovah's witnesses knocking on your door) can be incredibly hard to get on with. Though if you were friends with this person before, the sudden change of attitude just because of faith is ridiculous.
And before anyone gets on at me for insulting Jehovah's Witnesses I mean a person who is constantly telling you what their faith is, as in it is like have a Jehovah's Witness knocking at your door not knowing someone who is a Jehovah's Witness.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Goemar - 06-17-2012, 05:39 AM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM