Users browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
(06-12-2012, 06:58 PM)Koopaul Wrote: Do you ever fear that there is underlying tension on these boards, and the slightest mistake could cause this place to blow up!?

Whew it's very scary don't you think?

ey i'm probs the last person to talk about this but i really don't think it's the case

i used to think that a lot about All Interaction, Ever and it tends to kinda make you find contention where there isn't any. like... if for example i'd assumed that you hated my guts, i could've easily read your post as being a jab aimed at Me Specifically because i am assuming tension where there probably isn't any.

that an argument happens doesn't necessarily indicate that there's anything underneath it beyond "people were pissed off about this thing" or "these people just naturally clash"

i guess since online interactions are often archived or logged and you can re-read shit, it's easier to hold on to things that would absolutely have been forgotten if they happened irl.

for example, i think if you went off of interactions on this forum and maybe facebook you'd assume that me + dazz are sworn fuckin' enemies but at most we're just... people who clash a lot. he's actually helped me with some Heavy Shit recently so while i'm not prancing off to buy him an interlocking "best dudes forever" necklace, i still think there is some degree of civility and respect despite us gettin' buttmad at each other on the internet.
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Chutzpar - 06-13-2012, 09:10 AM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM