Users browsing this thread: 29 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
perpetually bitching about school time, here we gooooooooooo

so basically, I put my entire schedule together for the next six terms (not including co-ops) I have left here. This translates to the next two years of my life.

I have full intentions of finishing my Master's at the same time as my Bachelor's, so I have finished all my research in the matter of doing this.

So far, I found out that I *COULD HAVE SWITCHED MY CO-OP CYCLE* if I was promising to do the BS/MS. The people in the co-op offices did not know this and said "lol sorry you can't switch out lol" and I was forever left under the impression that my terrible cycle was permanent and there was absolutely no way I could push up an exception.
God dammit.

Second, it is entirely possible for me to actually finish everything I need to finish within the next two years, and then I can walk out of here with a Master's along with my Bachelor's. For this to actually happen, I need to ensure that all the classes I need to take do not conflict with each other. Considering I have to take at least 18 credits each term (including one term that actually goes to 21, which means I'll have to pay additional money to go past the credit limit), there are *extremely* high chances that there will be conflicts.
God double dammit.

Third, a *lot* of the required graduate technical electives I need will end up being completed during the Spring due to my scheduling. There is a chance that this will actually be impossible, as the program might not run these classes at all during the Spring/Summer terms. The outcome of this is a very double-edged sword; either I *can* take all the classes I need during the Spring term (and then suffer by having to finish an 18-credit term during the last leg of my Senior Design project), or I have to push all my classes off for an additional Fall *and* Winter terms (which, in term, completely alleviates my workload and I'll be looking at 12-credit terms) (but at the same time, I have to pay two more terms worth of tuition).
God triple dammit.

I'm going in to see my undergraduate advisor tomorrow to discuss options, perhaps even figuring out if I can trim out a General Elective or two because of some pure Honors classes I took (I think I mentioned that Jack the Ripper class to you guys before? Because that class doesn't count towards my degree, apparently!!). Hopefully I can get some suggestions and support from them so I don't make any extremely stupid decisions.

Also I get to phone in my two interviews with the DCMA/Boeing and Prodesco tomorrow!! Hopefully I don't also make stupid decisions there when scheduling these things, and *hopefully* these interviews are at least in the Philadelphia area and that I won't have to travel just to get to them :C
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Rosencrantz - 06-04-2012, 01:27 AM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM