Users browsing this thread: 40 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
(06-02-2012, 03:40 AM)Dazz Wrote: Over here it's mostly just ads about toothpaste (HERP DERP) or beauty products.

believe it or not once upon a time america used to have endless colgate, listerine and l'oreal ads. then lawyers started throwing ads on tv because everyone likes suing people for dumb shit

Also yeah our news is horrible. It's literally "murder, rape, rape, murder, taxes, safety hazards, police did a thing". I went to Montreal two years ago and their news was literaly "new speed bumps! oh and this movie is coming out look at jason statham not wear a shirt mmm". The most Americanesque news as a newflash about a homeless guy murdering a drunk tourist and the local pool closing due to aids or something.

Ironically though Dazz when I watch the news I watch BBC.
When you want news though in America CNN is pretty good too. Honestly, every news channel here is opinionated. You'll notice one station with a very Republican attitude towards headlines and then another that is strictly Democratic. The only apathetic news channel you can watch in the states is, no joke, BBC.

I wish our TV didn't suck so much ass :{
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Gwen, Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Kosheh - 06-02-2012, 09:08 AM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM