Users browsing this thread: 36 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
I really, really, REALLY feel bad for Americans when it comes to news. Each station has an agenda - over here I believe there are actually laws in news broadcasting where unless it's explicitly stated as opinion, you can't really slander somebody outright. There are of course ways around this, such as reporting on what somebody has said about someone else and giving it a good spin, but ultimately we just get the facts. Unless it's a breakfast show, they rarely have more than 1 newscaster, and they don't talk to each other about what they think about the news. They just read it.

While I was over in the US, I felt like your television production values were just... shocking. I mean, everything. So many ad breaks, where you have ads that would have cost nothing to produce, and were made by someone who just found video editing software. And every 2 ads, it's an ad about Geiko or whatever, or an ad about suing somebody. I'm not even kidding, it's seriously that fucking bad.
Over here it's mostly just ads about toothpaste (HERP DERP) or beauty products.

I tried watching your news stations, and they're all just about how these people suck and these people are awesome - but Ameirca overall, fuck yeah, we're the best.
In the end I just gave up on television while in the hostels in the US, because it really is just pointless to even try to learn about what's going on. I resorted to just going to the BBC website for news...
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Previous, Gwen, Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Dazz - 06-02-2012, 03:40 AM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM