Users browsing this thread: 33 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
my Web Administration teacher is literally the hugest fucking cunt in the world. I understand the strong implications of that word and I'm typically not the type to sling that word around, but this guy's definitely earned it.

He's a really smart guy - I'll give him that - and actually comes into class every day and can talk about each topic off the top of his head. As incredible as that is, that's also his biggest caveat - he's extremely disorganized, hard to follow and his assignments are literally hundreds of times harder than grasping the lecture due to him not talking about them at all (talks about how to put together a basic cookie in Javascript, then asks us to make a complex form using Javascript that migrates data across pages, with form validation...we never talked about validation, and data migration is difficult unless you have a server that the site can "talk" back to...so theoretically impossible without knowledge of ASP and MySQL. Assigns it anyway and expects a two-week due date)
He's also extremely arrogant and immature during his lectures, returning good questions with juvenile answers and either talking over students or rushing them through questions to get through the jargon-riddled Asperger's-fueled lecture he's literally giving off the top of his bald head with the most pathetic combover I've ever seen.

he also has a great practice of telling us that there is homework, but never actually declares that the online submission box is open and doesn't make a due date for the assignment until the day it's due; which most of us are too busy with our lives to actually put time aside to work on his monolith homework assignments.

and don't even get me started on his tests.
he's probably the worst person to ever exist.

That's typed verbatim, preserving grammatical errors and all.
Now here's the kicker: You're not allowed to power on the computer in front of you, and you can't use your notes. You can only use pen and paper.

Excuse me, what

Even the star pupil of the class got a 20 (out of 100) on the test. We can go back through and do all the parts of the test correctly and hand it in on the final to receive up to 10 extra points on the final exam. However, the final grade will replace the lowest grade we've received thus far (the second test)

What a fucking dick.

Due to the fact that I've missed two assignments due to the teacher never stating it in class, I don't think anyone's going to be passing.

however, something else I should mention:
The head of that department made me the deal that if I could pass this class, that I'd have two classes that I actually need to graduate waived. I think by now he's forgotten this verbal pact he'd made with me, so now I've essentially flushed $300 down the toilet.
The thing is, my teacher IS the head of the department.

Fuck.

well, at least i've got an 89 and 100 in my other two classes - the latter having an optional final because I hold a 100 in his class.
I don't really care if I pass or fail at this point either way; I'd still have to take the "career advancement" seminar they make you take at the end of your program next semester. Now, I've got a more balanced schedule with one 100-level class and the other a Windows Server class being taught by the greatest teacher in the CIS department.
What's more is that my friend is actually working hard to adjust her schedule to fit mine (what?)

i also plan to audit an ASM class in the fall, lets fuckin do this
(04-21-2012, 09:43 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: Never be nice to group members ever.

oh that's weird

my group in this class i'm probably going to fail is literally the coolest group in the class (we had asked the teacher to pair us together, and somehow he actually did)

I actually do a large amount of the groupwork, coding each part of our website in front of them as they drop suggestions and opinions while I'm working. Over the weekends they'll work on their own individual segments of the website, which are still kinda small in comparison to the work I've done on it
But once again, they're really good moral support (surprise - we're all friends anyway!) and are always full of good suggestions. There's technical aspects to our websites we have to tackle and it's awfully close to the project's due date (2 weeks! FUCK) and I feel like I still haven't done anything ~_~

maybe you should move over here and i'll be your group partner and we'll get shit done together Heart
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: StarSock64, Gwen

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Kosheh - 04-23-2012, 01:00 PM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM