Users browsing this thread: 35 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
(02-23-2012, 08:07 PM)Radular Bastard Wrote: My horrible Computer Design teacher acknowledged today that many people have complained about her teaching style. She basically, no, literally leaves us to learn everything ourselves, and then shreds everyones' work before going into rambling about how she knows the business that 3/4 of the class isn't even in the class for takes it's people and how she is so skilled.
She said today that you can't teach people by teaching them. That doesn't teach one how to think for themselves. Worst excuse I've ever heard to be a lazy teacher and dote on your own achievements. She constantly leaves us only 30 minutes in a TWO AND A HALF HOUR long class, of which she usually takes up talking about random bullshit that has nothing to do with the class.

kinda sounds like my teacher but didnt have an explosive bitchfit

my web administration teacher is extremely unorganized, shows up to class 10 minutes later, shows us notes copied and pasted from w3schools and then shows us tutorial videos, while talking about everything from a chiseled programmer's standpoint, expecting us to know this shit before teaching us. he then assigns basically a midterm assignment for homework every week. the only prerequisite is a basic web design class, but now we're supposed to learn abstract programming concepts in a week (not like programming logic is hard or anything but expecting me to know various code within C++ isn't happening) in order to just write fucking javascript

this guy also runs the computer science department. he has a doctorate. everyone bitches about his teaching style, but he kinda just laughs it off

yesterday two friends and i approached him about working as a group during the final project, he didn't even give us eye contact and mumbled "we'll see" - Typical Dick Response

but you see, there's this guy in the front of my class who's like 50, asks 30 million stupid questions in class and then does the homework really shitastically

I saw his assignment yesterday and he was like "am i on the right track?" none of the elements or properties were spelled right and he completely ignored the fact that within XML, there are restrictions that have to be placed on things to ensure that your clients don't enter letters into number boxes like retards
i....tried to help him with his work, but it's like everyone thinks i've memorized the course material or something.

it's kind of annoying. holy dick

but yeah - that's why we approached the teacher regarding working in a group. because i feel sorry for the SOBs who are stuck with that guy
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Gwen, Kakashifan, Rosencrantz

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Kosheh - 02-24-2012, 09:19 AM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM