Users browsing this thread: 31 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
(01-25-2012, 08:30 AM)[robo9] Wrote:
(01-25-2012, 02:26 AM)Vipershark Wrote: Eheh what happened

Well mom decided to have a rather an argument with me. Her first statement without me saying anything first was "Well can you seen air," and I said with the proper microscope, you can." She went on to stating "I shouldn't be here because I had complications at birth" and that "modern medicine diet do jack shit for me, it was prayer." I brought up the studies that shown prayer doesn't really affect patients at all, and she basically ignored it. She then tried to bring up experiences, and I told her experiences are subjective. "Well that's all your scientific research is, experiences." She then went on to say how she wasn't going to tolerate athiesm in this house. I told her "you don't have to tolerate it, but atleast have the human decency to respect my opinion." So basically after I said that, she tried to slap theshit out of me. She didn't however, I caught her hand and tried to leave the house. She grabbed me by my shirt, and I basically wasn't able to get it out of her grip. She then has a breakdown on how I'm going to hell, and how there has to be better after this. She went on to call me a hypocrite for going go Wednesday services, and wouldn't accept "I go because if I didn't, my friends would find out and would likely ostracize me." Then my father comes home. They keep saying how they know I have questions, and deep down inside I still believe. He then said how everything I do involves trying to be different, and that I try to push people away. He said he wasn't too sure how much /he/ wanted to be around me now. My dad tried to Pascal's wager, I state my odds are just as good as his, since there have web thousands of gods, etc. All then asks him the same as I did my mom, that he ddnt have to tolerate my atheism or like it, but that he should atleast respect my opinion. He then said he couldn't do that, literally broke down as he retold the passing of his grandpa, and said I wasn't owed any respect from him, and neither did my opinions. Also somewhere in there my mom said that the changing of scientific theories after more facts are found is the same as the bible being changed on a whim. They also still claim I'm I denial, it's their fault for not being vocal enough about church, I was being selfish, and that we're going to church more.

Oh sarcastic fuck yeah.

-Edit-

Fun fact, they also thought Jason(Giz), Sengir, and Vipershark Jones and the other "weird internet people" had something to do with it
Love how they think internet people had a doing in it, Sengir is pretty religious. Sorry that had to happen man Sad I don't think my parents would be that mad, but I'm never going to tell them I'm Agnostic. I don't want to think of what would happen.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Gwen - 01-25-2012, 09:57 AM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM