Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
There was a pretty big fuckup at work just now and I'm pretty sure I'm being blamed for it.

A work van came through the drive thru and made a 40 dollar order. Among other things, he ordered four large #6 combos, all with bacon on them.

About two months ago, our combo numbers changed and the old #6, the spicy chicken sandwich, is now the #7. Why they didn't just make the new sandwich the #11 i'll never know, but I blame that on our incompetent marketing.

Anyway, so guy orders the sandwiches and pays. It takes a shitload of time to make four double bacon cheeseburger combos, so naturally we've been waiting for a while and there's a line behind this guy.

We hand him his food, and he's like "this isn't my order."
so we're like "er.. sir, you ordered four #6 combos, right?" And he says yes and we're like "okay, that's four #6 combos"

So guy sits there and says he wants spicy chicken sandwiches instead because that's what he ordered (he didn't)

So my manager got really pissed off and was like WHY DID YOU RING HIM UP FOR CHEESEBURGERS WHEN HE ORDERED CHICKEN SANDWICHES and i'm trying to explain that the guy clearly said #6 and at no point did he say anything about chicken. My sandwich maker, who also wears a headset so she can hear orders, heard it as well and was trying to back me up but my manager was adamant that the guy said spicy chicken. Needless to say, I lost that argument.

So my boss walks over and is gets pissed off at the clusterfuck occurring in the drivethru, and I get yelled at about how I should have known what sandwich he was ordering.

So a bunch more time gets wasted as we remake the guy's sandwiches.
A few minutes later, we get an angry phonecall from my boss' boss.

Turns out, the fucker called both our survey line and complaint line and told them that I messed up his order on purpose and wasted his time.

Not only did he call, but the three other people he ordered for also called.

Both my boss and manager are pissed off at me because some dumbfuck customer wouldnt take three seconds to look at the menu and there's nothing I can do about it.

Fuck.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Vipershark - 12-06-2011, 02:27 PM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM