Users browsing this thread: 31 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
Goddamn really bitchy pair of customers today.

We closed early due to the weather and the fact that so few people were coming in, and there were notes on every single door informing people that we would be closing down at 7. Despite this, this couple comes in five minutes before we close and I take their order at the register. I had to repeat practically everything to them, though and in general they didn't even seem to know what they wanted.

They wound up getting a sandwich, a plate of chili nachos, and a bread bowl of chili. When they got their order... they complained about getting chili nachos and a bread bowl of chili? Apparently the complaint was the chili nachos weren't how they usually get them, but they were no different than any other chili nachos I have ever rung up. (You can get the regular nachos with a scoop of chili mixed into the cheese, but you have to specifically ask for that. These people didn't so I don't know if that's what they wanted or not.) I wasn't the one who delivered the food, myself, but they still complained about me giving them not the kind of nachos they wanted.

They pulled me over at some point as I was sweeping, and asked for more cheese to sprinkle over the nachos because I guess there wasn't enough. I run back to get more, but we're officially closed by then and almost nothing is left in the kitchen, so one of the cooks gives me what's left of the cheese. When I give it to the customers, they don't say anything but happily take it. A little later, they call for a manager and complain that I gave them the wrong stuff or something, then complained about me giving them the tiniest amount of cheese despite explaining that it's all we had.

They at no point complained about the cook that put the food together, the girl who brought them the food, anything like that. They reserved their anger for me and me alone and I don't know why because I rung up exactly what they asked for and I had nothing to do with the preparation of the food. At least I'm not in trouble, because everyone else working with me was mad at them too.

tl;dr ver = fuck
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Devicho - 12-05-2011, 11:04 PM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM