Users browsing this thread: 36 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
"Can I get a half a sandwich?" "Yes, insert description of our "choose two" menu option." "But I don't want a salad/soup/potato. I want a side of potato salad." "Well, we can't do just a half sandwich with a side dish, but you can get a whole sandwich and side and then take the rest home." "But I don't want a whole sandwich, just a half of one." "Sir, ..." as the line grows even longer and more disgruntled behind him on a particularly busy day.

Also, happened a while ago but always fun to remember: Having to spend about five minutes convincing a woman that we cannot do two half-sandwiches as part of the "choose two" after she kept asking me for two halves of a club sandwich, and trying to convince her that she might as well just get the full club sandwich because then she also gets a side-dish thrown in for no extra cost.

(For anyone that doesn't know (Hasn't eaten at McAlister's) our "choose two" deal is basically, you can pick out two dishes, each one being either a sandwich, salad, soup or baked potato, and you'll get half-portions of each. However, you can't pick, say, two sandwiches or two salads; they have to be completely distinct items.

Why would you even want to order two of the same sandwich as part of a choose two, anyway? The regular sandwich is cut in half as it is so you could just share it that way.)
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Devicho - 11-18-2011, 04:32 PM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM