Users browsing this thread: 29 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
(10-09-2011, 10:22 PM)Kat Wrote: Oh hohohohoho, where should I start.

-Every single form of entertainment I enjoy he belittles because it isn't a sport. (Actual quote "Are you gonna watch another show? If so I might as well just sit in the car to read because it is just all noise to me and it's unessassery." I was watching Dr. Who)

I know just how this feels; Even though my grandmother often calls me her "Favorite" grandchild, she is always very negative over my disinterest in sports. ...I've no idea why.
"Why do you like these games and not real sports? The games aren't even real!!!"

Quote:-Apparently waking up at 11:30am is pretty much unacceptable despite me not being able to go to bed until 6am-8am most nights due to being used to my Work Schedual. (Actual Quote part 2 "Get up, Why don't you move already, I'm not going to come and visit ever again unless you move out, you better get up now to start looking at appartments.")

Does he understand that your job prevents you from getting up earlier? If so, that's pretty damn unsympathetic of him. Next time he says this, you should ask him if he'd prefer you to be hospitalized for overexertion.

Um, are you getting enough sleep, Kat? Sleeping from 6/8am until 11 doesn't sound too good to me :<

Quote:-"Why don't you eat meat!" In a very angry voice was directed at my vegatarian sister and me (not a fan of the taste of red meat) because we decided to cook our own meal in addition to the meal that was being served so we could still eat with the family.

Now this pisses me off. There are few things more annoying to me than people telling me what to eat. Now, my taste is very, very sensitive, so of course I'm going to be choosy about what I eat; Most food tastes awful to me. For pretty much my entire life people have tried to get me to try different things, even though I know for a fact that I'm not going to like them.
They just won't be told.
Perhaps, next time grandpa comes to visit, you could cook him something he won't like and act as unreasonable as possible when he doesn't eat it?

Quote:-He purposly tried using a sketchpad of mine and my 3DS as a coster for his wineglass on purpose as his way of trying to get me to not being so uptight. (He ruined said sketchpad. Which ruined a lot of my sketches.)

And thats just the start of it. He wasn't always like this, but he is currently 82 years old so maybe it is just Angry Old Man Syndrom, but Seething so hard that you quite literally cry for 40 minutes-1 hour every day for a week once a year is not a fun thing.

82, hm? It sounds to me like he's not completely 100% in control of his actions anymore. This doesn't excuse him from responsibility, however. If he's being offensive enough to bring you to tears, then there is no question, his behaviour has to be dealt with.

When my grandmother gets abusive, I try to remember that she can't really help it because of the dementia and such. Sometimes, it's like she's an entirely different person than she used to be, which makes me wonder just how much of her original personality remains intact. I've been very patient with her over the past few years, but now I'm really starting to get tired of all this.
:<
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Lemonray - 10-10-2011, 06:09 PM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM