Users browsing this thread: 33 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
Man this one lady was really rude to me at work today. I didn't even have anything to do with what was pissing her off, either.

She ordered some stuff to go, and with to-go orders the chefs will box up the food and then the servers bag it and call out the name of the person who ordered it so they can come get their food. 99 out of 100 people will sit or stand near the counters so that they'll hear their name and get their food ASAP. This lady and her husband, however, sat alllllll the way in the back of the restaurant, so of course they didn't hear when we called them (multiple times) and thus sat around for about 35 minutes waiting on their food that had been ready to go this whole time. So I tried to make it up for her by giving her a handful of free cookies and was going to ask the manager if he'd be willing to maybe give them a discount or something to make up for the long wait, but she responded by cursing me out and telling me she didn't want my "fucking cookies" while digging them out of the bag and throwing them back at me, then left in a huff before I could try to make it up some other way.

The manager said he would've been willing to comp the whole meal, too, but they left right away so it's their loss. Why yell at me about it though; I didn't ring up your order, bag it, or anything. I was busy cleaning tables.

Oh well, at least I got commended for handling the situation well, plus they're by far the worst customers I've ever dealt with so I don't anticipate having a similar situation anytime soon.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Devicho - 10-06-2011, 03:16 PM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM