Users browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
(09-25-2011, 11:07 PM)Vipershark Wrote: "<coworker> is bringing her laptop to school tomorrow and you're going to fix it"

Be sure to tell <coworker> your hourly rates.

I find the best time for this is after you've checked the hard drive for anything they don't want you to see.
(be sure to check hidden files, the recycle bin, and the internet cache, maybe even run a quick scan for deleted files)

I should point out that this is entirely unethical and does make you a complete asshole, which is great if it stops it happening again.

If the hardware is fucked, tell them you don't have the right equipment to do those kind of repairs and that they need to take it to a professional repair shop. This is a lie, but fixing laptop hardware is a complete pain, and again it should stop you having the same problem in future.

If it's just a software issues, fastest fix is always to format/reinstall windows or whatever OS they use, it's what 90% of computer repair places will do anyway, and you can just charge them for the copy of windows.
They think they got a really good deal, and you just got a valid Windows key that's only been used once, a friend of mine in Australia started doing cheap computer repairs with almost this exact business model, made a killing.
(He called it "Kick in the Dick Computer Repair", didn't have a single unhappy customer.)
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by PatientZero - 09-26-2011, 08:07 AM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM