Users browsing this thread: 34 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
(09-23-2011, 05:12 PM)oB2Kojjiro Mario Wrote: Hold up for a second here.

Time alteration and travel is actually possible, but not in the sense that "you can go backwards into the past" but rather in the sense that "you can fire yourself several years into the future without feeling so much time pass"

If you want to discuss traveling backwards in time, that's what antihydrogen's for. We contained that shit for more than fifteen minutes, and that's just an amazing thing to talk about in and of itself.

Time dilation is a thing, and you can blast off into the future if you're traveling at high speeds; the closer you are to 3e8 m/s, the more time passes for your second.

Oh, I agree with you that technically time travel is possible, but it's not so much literally traveling through time ala the Sci-Fi channel, and more exploiting the flaws in time as a human invention, and how it's based on rather rocky principles to do with our orbit around the sun.
Technically anyone who's ever been in a plane is a time traveler in that sense, to say nothing of astronauts.
(Actually, unless I'm wrong or I'm mixing my concepts here, anyone who's ever moved anywhere would be a time traveler, granted only in an infinitesimally small fraction of time, but still)

It's one of those annoying concepts that's hard to explain but is actually really simple once you get it.
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by PatientZero - 09-23-2011, 06:15 PM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM