Users browsing this thread: 34 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
(09-23-2011, 04:22 PM)PatientZero Wrote: 'Sup guys, this is how science works.
Evolution of scientific laws based on current data and information and junk.

Also I'd very much like to dispel the idea that this somehow proves that time travel is possible, something going faster than light isn't going backwards in time, it's just going faster than light.
In the same way that when a car drives past a cyclist it isn't going back in time, it's just going faster than a cyclist.

Hold up for a second here.

Time alteration and travel is actually possible, but not in the sense that "you can go backwards into the past" but rather in the sense that "you can fire yourself several years into the future without feeling so much time pass"

If you want to discuss traveling backwards in time, that's what antihydrogen's for. We contained that shit for more than fifteen minutes, and that's just an amazing thing to talk about in and of itself.

Time dilation is a thing, and you can blast off into the future if you're traveling at high speeds; the closer you are to 3e8 m/s, the more time passes for your second.

If we aren't fucking up the neutrino measurements, then you're going to see a very obvious problem with the dilation equations. For those of you non-math nerds here, you're going to be dividing a frame-of-reference time by an imaginary number. Which is illegal.

So, one of two things are going to happen.

a) the equation itself will have to be modified, and if it does then I'm going to be directly affected by it since I'll need to relearn it. Sure, relearning the new theories will be doable, but it'll kind of suck :C

b) the neutrino's actually doing something we can't really perceive. I'm willing to bet it's actually warping our perceived dimension and causing a physical dilation to its path so it's traveling a much shorter distance than what we think it's going, but most likely someone's going to use this to say it's jumping between universes.

Yay for being an engineer!
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Rosencrantz - 09-23-2011, 05:12 PM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM