Users browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
could be eczema?
Ask a doctor first (seriously), but the best thing I've used for eczema is light paraffin cream. I dunno what brand it'll be under in the US, over here the most common one is "Oilatum". It feels oily and gross but if you dilute it a bit and bathe the area (provided the skin isn't open) it should help it limber up a bit and stop it cracking. You can also use it in a bath, but that's not really necessary unless you're affected in larger areas.

avoid using aqueous cream BP or steroid cream (if you can even get steroid cream without a prescription), because if you overuse them they can make the skin atrophy.
also if you can, try using your own soap at work. You might be able to find little bottles of antibacterial soap at your supermarket. Try and find stuff that's low or no alcohol, because it's the alcohol in hand sanitiser that can dry your skin out.
This one might be kind of tricky since there's obviously food standards laws about what you should be using to wash your hands, but you might be able to talk things through with your manager (or your doctor. because seriously see a doctor)
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Chutzpar - 09-20-2011, 09:26 AM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM