Users browsing this thread: 40 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
[Image: RAGE2.jpg]

^ this is how i'm feeling right now

in less rage-filled news, i got my car back! my cousin moved down south from new york last year and needed a car to get around in so my parents let him borrow mine until this past saturday. (okay, it's not /mine/, but i'm the only one who drives it)
anyway, why is this in the unhappy thread?

well, when i got it back...
  • it was dirty as hell on both the inside and outside
  • it smelled weird
  • the tires had no air
  • there was no engine coolant
  • a bunch of lights were burnt out
  • there is a gigantic dent/deformation in the front bumper... can it even be called a dent? basically the left side of the bumper is crumpled
  • there is a piece from the underside of the car completely MISSING
  • there is a penny in the cigarette lighter plug so it's now unusable without pulling out the dashboard and taking the cigarette lighter out
  • the brakes are pretty shot

...among other things

as far as the engine goes it's still in great shape and has (relatively) low mileage for a car its age (my dad's car is 4 years younger and has more miles) and she still runs sooooo smooth
like driving a cloud

she just needs a lot of care, but my dad wants to keep her and fix her up since she's still in relatively great shape (he was planning to sell the car but then realized that since he paid basically nothing for it and it's still in great shape it would be smarter to keep it a few more years)

basically, we're gonna take it to the shop to get all the above stuff fixed plus some other mechanical things that had nothing to do with my cousin, clean out the seats with our carpet cleaner, tear out the carpet and put brand new carpet in, detail the engine bay, repaint it, and throw in a new headunit, among other things

gonna take a lot of pictures
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Vipershark - 09-19-2011, 08:40 PM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM