Users browsing this thread: 34 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
So it turns out that having a psychotic episode during alcohol withdrawal isn't nearly as much fun as it sounds.
For those of you who haven't played the home game, a few of the side effects of alcohol withdrawal aren't that far removed from psychosis, you can get mood swings, paranoia, confusion, and even hallucinations, throw in DT's, headaches and the sweats, and it's a pretty bad cocktail for someone with a misfiring brain to start with.

I don't think I'm in any danger of relapse or compulsive behavior, but it's getting more than a little frustrating, I don't really have the faculties to explain what psychosis does to your mind, but on the basic level, the thinking level, my brain is very chaotic. I think this might accidentally be a good example, I don't think this sentence is supposed to be here.

Sorry if I'm a little jumbled, I tend to pride myself on my language but it's one of the cognitive processes that gets crippled during an episode, I'm fairly sure I've used the wrong words and terms in places already, hopefully I'll catch them all when I read this back.

I've got hallucinations, mood swings, my skin is crawling and I'd mortgage my soul for a glass of whiskey right now but I don't want to make her angry.
I won't even try to explain what's going on with my thought patterns right now, they're a little fractured and spidery, makes it hard to think straight sometimes but I can usually handle it.

From my rambling it probably sounds worse than it is, sure enough it gets uncomfortable and even scary sometimes, but I've had a lot of years to get used to it and this isn't even a ripple compared to how bad it's been before.
I'm sure I'll be fine, it's just not so easy to laugh about it until it's over.

EDIT: It took me an hour to write this? Add time dilation to the list of issues I guess.
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by PatientZero - 09-18-2011, 10:24 PM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM