Users browsing this thread: 33 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
(09-06-2011, 12:28 PM)Tachikoma Wrote: do you even have any experience with modding big communities
really

because there's a lot of background work that you won't even see unless you're a mod, and it's thankless and kind of unpleasant sometimes. You have to shut down arguments without taking sides, and some people will be tremendous fuckstains about having their threads shut.

I mod a pretty active livejournal community (shut up) that's just about Weird Zoological Shit and you wouldn't believe some of the crap that I have to deal with. We had an ~internet famous~ poster who seemed to think that meant he could do whatever the fuck he liked, and another dude who started stalking the founder for banning him. They're just photos of weird animals for fuck's sake and it's probably not even half as active as this forum is.
above post mostly directed @ vipes before tyvon sniped me dammit
I think Viper could handle it, like he said, you kind of gotta give him the chance to show he can rather than just chide him.
ON TOPIC: I want to get Dead Island so bad but I have to wait! Very Sad
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Gwen - 09-06-2011, 01:07 PM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM