Users browsing this thread: 38 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
(08-29-2011, 11:11 PM)[MachoBot RoboSavage] Wrote: That was probably a bad way for me to say it. Here lately I've just felt as if all the reason Christianity is so prevalent is because of just blind faith alone. All I've found to back up Christianity is a religious doctrine, but that isn't really the most reliable or unbiased source.

Also with the post I made earlier, it can't completely be too farfetched of a reasoning. To tell something is real, at one point you or someone has either used one of the five senses to identify it. Can you touch, smell, see, taste, or hear an actual unicorn? Sure there are stories saying they're real, but that doesn't mean it's completely true. Can you touch, smell, see, taste, or hear a God? Sure there are stories saying he's real, but that doesn't mean it's completely true. Those are basically the thoughts that has been keeping me up at night, and I wish someone could help me put my mind to rest. I've tried talking to my pastor, but all he has said was "the fact you're here is proof there is a god" and whenever I ask for complete and undoubtful facts, he just cracks open a bible. I honestly have no idea what to do. I probably overreacted with the finding new friends deal, because I know I have atleast two or three who wouldn't care. Granted I would lose the ones I've had since I was in pre-k, but still. Or if anything, I could keep my mouth shut about my religious views for two more years and it wouldn't matter.

Tl;dr I'm just honestly a confused sixteen year old with religious convictions ATM.

Who's to say some haven't heard God? Seen God? Touched God? Ever read about saints? Or people with visions, might not be true, but might be. Its fine to be confused about religion, I'm a Catholic, and I'm pretty shitty about getting to church, especially since I'm in college and my mom doesn't wake me up anymore. But I feel with religion if you choose to follow it, do it on your own terms and thats the key to me.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Gwen - 08-29-2011, 11:28 PM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM