Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Rate the Writers for VGR's 30 Days!
Here are my choices for the categories... This was actually quite a challenge, 'cause I had loads of articles nominated for a couple categories (especially 'Best Written')... ANYWAYS.

BEST WRITTEN

Day 7: Favorite Game Friendship "Ness & Porky" by Masquerain

There is a great deal of depth to this article, and man, was it loaded with emotion. I've never played the game but the way you recounted everything, it's almost like I *did* experience it myself.

FUNNIEST ENTRY

Day 8: A Soundtrack You Love "Donkey Kong Country 2" by Tonberry2k

"Most of these are the SNES's famous RPG collection, but Nintendo and Rare treated gamers everywhere to a little aural sex with Donkey Kong Country 2."
That line right there made me crack up, hahaha. Big Grin

MOST INFORMATIVE ENTRY

Day 3: An Underrated Game "Legend of Mana" by TomGuycott

I voted this one as most informative for a couple reasons. It was clear that TomGuycott knew exactly what he was talking about, and he gave us a reasonable enough explanation as to why he felt it was underrated. That said, his article had a nice flow to it and there were several descriptions of various aspects of the game peppered throughout, but I feel like the amount of information was "just right" and that he didn't go overboard or skimp at all, either!

On a side note, I own a copy of the game but it's incredibly damaged and it freezes in the same spot EVERY SINGLE TIME, which frustrated me to no end. Because of this, I didn't get to experience everything in the game, and you talked about things that I didn't even know about!

ENTRY WITH THE MOST CHARACTER / BEST PRESENTATION

Day 14: Important Lessons a Game has taught me "The Sims 3" by Patient Zero

I think the medium chosen for this entry was PERFECT. I don't think it would have had the same effect on people if it were written as an article.

CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR

Day 25: A Game You Can't Stand, But Others Enjoy "God of War II" by Gnostic Wetfart

I don't know if I'm supposed to choose a category for this one or not, but this is the entry I almost chose for Best Written. The article flows amazingly, the segue from one point to another are seamless. Gnostic goes into a lot of detail about why he didn't like the game, and then he goes and compared it to another game in the same genre. Not only that, but I really love his writing style. *fangirls* I'm still a bit conflicted as to whether I made the right choice here (maybe it should've been nominated for something else).

BOOBY PRIZE ENTRY

Day 3: An Underrated Game "Super Monkey Ball 2" by supersmashbrawl

I'm sorry if I come across as a little harsh, that is not my intention.

It was a little hard to follow the article at times. I feel like it started off on the wrong foot. Rather than start with the gamefaqs stats, I think it would've been better to start with gameplay and features, a little background about the game, etc.

Honestly I'm a little confused as to the "FPS fanboy" thing, too. Sad Especially when it's mentioned that people prefer CoD or Halo: this simply isn't true.

There are also a couple spots that I didn't really understand what was being said (ex: "It was redeemed as a weird game as the title suggests the word “Monkey”.)

I think the article was redeemed a little bit when it moved from the FPS fanboy/Gamefaqs stats and started talking about the story/challenge mode.

However, I read the article in it's entirety and I'm not quite sure that I walked away with the "full picture" of the game. I think it could've used just a bit more explanation, and more focus, but this could just be me.

~~

Anyways, that's my two cents!
I can't wait to see what other people vote for ... if they vote? XD
CMON PEOPLE. I GOT THE BALL ROLLING LETS GOOO.
~ Matty

Edit: Rephrased criticism because I think I came off as a meanie.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rate the Writers for VGR's 30 Days! - by ReverieRaven - 06-22-2011, 09:43 PM