Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Portal 2 is offensive! I want my money back!
(05-18-2011, 03:30 PM)Koopaul Wrote: I think it has to do with popularity. The more popular something is, the more likely someone will complain about something.

Let's take a look at MadWorld. That game makes rape jokes... yes rape jokes, and yet I haven't heard anyone complain. Why? Barely anyone played the game.

A Koopaul Post.

But seriously, you're way off-base here. MadWorld is incredibly vulgar, but at the same time it made incredibly clear that it was. It was an 18. It had blood on the cover and parental warnings on the back. IIRC even when booting up the game it makes a point to tell you that this isn't a kid's game.

On the other hand Portal, while meaning well, brings up some more grown-up concepts that maybe the ESRB hasn't picked up on. And it culminated in an unfortunate circumstance here. No, I don't think that Valve was wrong for including it for characterisation's sake; but I definitely empathise with the dad for being upset. He might not have handled it in the best way, but no one in this really needs to be demonised.

Except maybe the Kotaku writer for trying to make a bigger deal out of it.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by: Chutzpar, Cshad

Messages In This Thread
RE: Portal 2 is offensive! I want my money back! - by GrooveMan.exe - 05-18-2011, 05:28 PM