Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have
(03-19-2012, 03:17 PM)Kriven Wrote:
(03-18-2012, 03:06 AM)puggsoy Wrote: That would take all the magic and genius away from game creation. I already think that Game Maker's ruined it enough. The true crux of making games is putting the effort in to learn a programming language.

(03-19-2012, 07:05 AM)puggsoy Wrote: I never said that SDKs take away the magic or skill of game-making

wut

Is Game Maker an SDK? *Googles exact meaning of "SDK", and also remembers that Flex is an SDK* OK, lemme rephrase that.

What I meant is that game customization tools (level editors, hacking tools, etc), often referred to as SDKs, don't take away the magic of game making, since they're simply modifying. Game Maker doesn't really either, but it's not as skillful (and satisfying for me) as making a full game from scratch. That's all I'm saying.

By the way, when I wrote those original posts I may have been a bit grouchy, so I could have written more rashly than usual. I can't remember exactly.

EDIT:
(03-18-2012, 09:24 PM)Raz Wrote: game SDK's
Here, that's what I was referring to when I said SDK. Game SDKs, not proper "software development kits" like Game Maker or the Flex framework or whatever.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - by puggsoy - 03-19-2012, 03:23 PM