Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have
I never said that SDKs take away the magic or skill of game-making: level editors take ages to master, as TheDenk himself said. What I was saying is that what TheDenk seemed to describe was pretty much something that you can whip up something in 2 seconds and say that you "made" it.

I'm not saying that these things are bad. I like stuff like that: things like Warcraft 2's simple map editor are what got me into game development in the first place. I haven't played Little Big Planet but I'm sure that's fantastic too.

But now that I look over Denk's posts again, I see that what he said was just a FPS version of LBP. That's fine. All I was really saying was that GECK did basically what he wanted, and anything simpler would be too simple for my personal satisfaction.

Sorry if that came around the wrong way, which it seems it has.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - by puggsoy - 03-19-2012, 07:05 AM