Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have
(02-27-2012, 04:06 PM)puggsoy Wrote: For an enthusiastic developer, it's pretty much the same thing Tongue

I've never heard of any Nintendo-related fangames receiving C&Ds, though. Except for a LoZSurpriseoT2D project and Super Mario Bros X, both of which were later confirmed to have been faked so as to allow the devs an excuse to stop working on them.

While fangames do carry a bit of that risk, and some companies are known for actually handing out C&Ds (Sega and SquareEnix), it does allow starting devs the chance to make some simple things based on existing game designs to build some experience. Of course, if a dev can make something original, that would probably be better anyways.
Also, technically, even fanart is copyright infringement just as much as fangames.

Anyways, on topic: I've lately wondered how much better Fire Emblem would be without all those stats. Not sure how exactly it would work though (I've only spent like 5 minutes thinking about it).
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - by Kitsu - 03-10-2012, 06:16 AM