Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have
The only song I can honestly tell you that i remember from any dkc game is the map music and the intro music from dkc1

the only reason i know bramble blast even EXISTS is because it's in brawl

anyway, starsock's above post was perfect and I agree 100%
I was meaning to say most of that earlier, but didn't
I have pacman 2 as well and it's a good game, but it just doesn't feel like pacman
it mostly felt like they just slapped an established ip onto a different game to get it to sell.
(05-02-2011, 12:16 AM)Koopaul Wrote:
(05-01-2011, 08:02 PM)StarSock64 Wrote:
(05-01-2011, 07:06 PM)Koopaul Wrote: And that's a problem with Donkey Kong, people continue to see him as Mario's antagonist rather than a hero in his own right.

Um, no, pretty sure nobody does this at all.

I'm pretty sure they do. Whenever DK is brought up in popular culture what do you think they reference him as? Also i try looking for DK fanart, geuss what most of it is dedicated to? Country or Arcade?

You're also forgetting that not only is the name of the original game donkey kong (meaning that the phrase "donkey kong fanart" will obviously point more toward the original game), but older people played that game as well

most middle aged people that no longer play videogames will have played the orignal donkey kong

i know several people in my own family that played the originals but didn't know the the snes (and newer) games even exist.

you, being the one that loves retro things so much, should get this more than anyone; the original game is so much bigger in popular colture because so many more people have played it.

(by the way, /nobody/ considers donkey kong mario's antagonist anymore)
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Maxpphire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - by Vipershark - 05-02-2011, 12:28 AM