Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have
(04-17-2011, 01:10 PM)Goemar Wrote: If Monster Hunter came to the 3DS it would mean Capcom would once again be able to not properly update the graphics. *snip*

Pffft, who cares; I just want a Portable version on something that isn't the PSP. The Wii version was fuckin' excellent, but I play handhelds a lot more due to the acessibility.

(04-16-2011, 05:53 PM)RetroX Wrote: A 3D platformer that plays like a 2D platformer.

Only, you know, in 3D.

(04-19-2011, 04:16 PM)Zenaki Jenkins Wrote: I don't really see where you're going with this. In the few MMOs i've played, jumping isn't really useful, except in a few occasions in PvP. Guess you can still hope for PSO 2.

The majority of MMOs (or at least ones which operate WOW-style) don't do real-time collision detection; so jumping doesn't 'do' anything mechanically aside from traversing the area. There's no need to 'evade' attacks, it's all done by RNG. Proper (Read: Good) 3D Action RPGs have jumping as an evasion technique, and/or a link in to some attack skills. Monster Hunter (And I guess God Eater by extension) don't have jumping since half the game is working with extrenmely limited character abilities, so that works.

PSO2 was announced to exist quite a while ago, but no gameplay content yet. Guild Wars 2 is actually embracing the proper Action RPG format where placement and evasion is necessary - and as such has jumping in addition to dodge-rolls and evasive skills.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by: Garamonde, Gwen

Messages In This Thread
RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - by GrooveMan.exe - 04-20-2011, 04:42 AM