Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)
Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games
(05-13-2011, 02:37 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: I just realized, I was naming my backgrounds by location, however I found that some locations such as Thailand are used for two characters (or maybe even more), but the stages are different for each... I know I should've just named them after the characters but I'm not sure if I should change them or not. I don't want to seem annoying and make Ton update those 4 icons, but I think it'd be better... but then I'd have to re-update every sheet too! Very Sad

I'm guessing that it is Sagat and M. Bison since they are both in Thailand. The other ones are Balrog, Guile and Ken (USA), E.Honda and Ryu (Japan).

There are two ways that I can see through this, you could either change the icons (at least you have a good reason to change it due to not realising that a character can share a location and it is okay, it is highly understandable) which is perfectly okay or have it like the first stage to have a character early in the game and have the second stage to be later in the game if you don't feel like updating the sheets e.g. Sagat = Thailand 1 and M. Bison = Thailand 2.

There is a tip that can help updating the icons without remaking them all over again. All you have to do is copy the icon and paste it into the IconMaker, Clear the text, put the new text and resave it. I had to do the opposite of this quite a bit if the text doesn't fit into the section tag with the tool. It is up to you which one you feel is right for you.
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - by Yawackhary - 05-13-2011, 06:52 PM