Users browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)
Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games
(04-18-2011, 09:07 AM)Maxim Wrote:
(04-17-2011, 11:33 PM)Glisp Wrote: Hmmm. Hey Maxim, I noticed there were a couple stage fatality animations missing for Raven. Notably Senator's stage's Washington Monument impalement Sudden Death, Larcen's Stage's crazed Ticket Booth Lady Sudden Death, and Dawson's stage's Overkill. I can probably rip these though, so no worries man. I'll get these for you. (though not right now. lol. I'm tired and wore out from a long day and want to rest some.)

I knew that there were some parts missing, but i just assumed no one would notice Tongue. I'd appreciate it, if you can help me out with those missing sprites, so i can add them to the final sheet together with the voodoo-doll sprites you already provided.
I would also like to know more about these aforementioned cheat codes to unlock the secret characters. By 'codes' do you mean something like Game-Genie or certain button combinations?

Okay, first off, I want to apologize for making you read everything below. (probably more info than you need but it might be useful in some ways.)

Button combinations. I could probably just give you my back up RAM file or a savestate as well.
http://www.cheatscodesguides.com/sega-cd...dark-side/

Here are the cheats. They require you to use controller 2 on the Blue results screen that appears after a fight (you can win or lose, doesn't matter, you just need this screen.) You also need six button controller setup enabled for controller 2 as well. The Mode button on the six button controller plays a huge role for these cheats ironically.

There are also three secret character Stages in addition to the other ones, but you can't access these in the duel mode options sadly unless you select 2player and fight the character they're meant for.

There's Senator's Washington DC stage, Blast's Hong Song Delta Stage (actually a remake of MidKnight's EC 1 stage as Blast was slated to appear in the first EC but didn't make the final cut.), and Chin Wo's Stone Monkey Temple Stage, (an enhanced version of Jetta's EC 1 stage. Once again, Chin Wo was a scrapped EC 1 character as well.)

Yappy the Dog shares Senator's Stage, Crispy the Chicken shares Blast's stage (along with playable Dark EC and both playable versions of EC.). In addition, the other secret characters just share stages with the normal 13 playabe characters. Thanatos and Hooter share Xavier's stage, Slither shares a stage with Dawson, and Zuni shares Jetta's stage.

If you start ripping from EC CD again, I recommend the animal characters as they have fewer animations than the human characters, plus, they are unnaffected by any form a of fatality. Fatalities cannot be triggered on them. They can however trigger them on other characters. I've already ripped the sprites for Crispy, and they're on the site for that matter.

The playable version of the Dark Champion and both playable versions of the Eternal, can only be played as in duel mode. So if you unlock them and can't find them on the character select screen, that's why.

Anyway, I think that's all the info, once again, I apologize for making you read all this.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - by Glisp - 04-18-2011, 02:11 PM