Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games
Quote:Thank you for your appreciation, you are actually the first to comment on this sheet since i put it up here Wink. I'm glad i could help you out with your ambitious project. You are even in contact with some of the original developers? Quite impressive. But wasn't the third EC Game supposed to become a 3D-Game in the fashion of Virtua Fighter?
I think so. But I personally prefer the game from a 2D perspective tbh. That and I can't do 3D modeling so this will have to do. But yeah, I've got info from Mike Latham regarding the Final Chapter's Story, Chaos Eternal Champion (the series' real enemy. Dark EC's part of the balance and needs to live as a result. Chaos is the real cause of the imbalance.) and some of the gameplay features. Still learning the identities of the Infernal Champions but Mike said that many of them are connected to the deaths of the heroes.

Quote:If you can send me your captured sprites, i will update the Raven sheet and upload it again. Yeah, i didn't have the time to unlock all the secret characters.
It's cool man. I understand completely. There actually are cheats to unlock the characters, in addition to the normal method. But I completely understand.
Quote:Sorry, but as much as i would like to help you on that, i am currently busy ripping from Clayfighter. Besides that, i took a break from Eternal Champions. You see, in the end, it became a real chore to finish the sheet, like using different emulators, adjusting palettes, comparing screenshots and so on. Right now i'm not sure if i will rip another Fighter from that Game, but i have three work-in-progress sheets of the stages (Syrian Desert, Shengo Village and Belgrave Square Labs). I hope, i can finish them anytime soon.
I hear you there. The characters have a ton of animations. According to Mike, the sprite artists struggled with Dark EC's sprites during the Sega CD game's production, though the outcome is impressive if you've saw the spritesheet I ripped. (speaking of which, I need to fix a couple of his animations as they are missing the first frame or so.)

I took a break from ripping the sprites myself. Riptide has this air knife throw which is a bitch to pull off with a standard six button Genesis controller. Need to get a six button arcade stick. Also, thanks for attempting rips of those three stages. You have killed three birds for me and saved some time. Thanks. I hope you finish them. =) I'm dying to see them. Good thing you didn't need to rip Dark EC's Cimmerian Complex Stage since I already did it. That was a little annoying since there were some extra sprites and stuff. The Eternal Champion's stage won't be much better if I get around to ripping it.

Quote:Also thanks a lot for these great Sega tools; you seem to know a lot about Genesis ripping.
Don't mention it. If you have any questions regarding using them, feel free to ask. Wink I'll be glad to help. I just hope you can understand me as I can be a little technical. (though, I try not to be.)

Edit: Here's the secret character voodoo doll sprites for Raven, Maxim:
[Image: ssecretcharactervoodood.png]
I labeled them for organizational purposes. Feel free to remove the labels if need be.

Edit: Also just remembered something about Raven's Sands of Time Vendetta. When used on Trident, you get an a green old man. It'd rip it, but all that really has to be done is applying Trident's pallete to the old man sprites.
Thanked by: Maxim

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - by Glisp - 04-17-2011, 09:34 AM