Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Updated today!][In Development] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit.
It seems this got deleted from my original post as well, but these are just samples; not the final pieces that will be in the game. We're still making tweaks (I just came to add our completely reworked water tiles), and the sprites here will be clothed (including the high res one, but clothing is backseat to other pieces we're working on for tests, because it changes and involves several pieces).

I'm not sure what you mean by "RPG maker style", but if you mean top-down, we chose to do so because we're all new pixel artists and it was the easiest to work with. Also, we wanted to do a bit of a throw back to SNES work. As we get better at pixel work, we might experiment with something more complicated. What would you personally suggest we fix about these? Currently we're reworking the color of everything, the bottoms of trees, the rock, and the pond.

The pixel-based adventure section is one of the smallest parts of the game, but since it was most relevant to here, I thought to showcase it.

Furthermore, our target market is anime fans...so the art will be anime/anime-based.

And the preliminary new water tiles:
[Image: file.php?id=7762]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Updated today!][In Development] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit. - by seira - 01-26-2011, 09:34 PM