Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: What do you think of this idea for a game? remembering that i only gave a very rough overview.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I think it sounds interesting and would like to hear more details.
21.43%
3 21.43%
I dont really care.
42.86%
6 42.86%
Horrible, it sounds stupid.
35.71%
5 35.71%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Spriters needer! Panda Extreme
a word of advice, again:

when we ask if payment is involved in these request is simply because we have seen so many "projects" arise and be full of initiative and guts from the one who starts it. and the idea sounds so interesting that eventually someone joins.

but 'initiative' and 'guts' doesnt fill lines of programming, nor draw project guidelines, nor deal with marketing, nor anything.

anything.

and it dies when everyone gets bored and no one cares about the initiative anymore. boom.

but when you offer money/payment, is because you're showing you're actually investing in a project and actually interested in getting it done, you have the resources to work, and overall you show a more serious image towards the people you're actually trying to hire. heck even if it wasnt for the moneym all you have said about your game is that is about a panda killing furries in 2d platforms. and somehow you'll believe its just a matter of getting the thing done and publish it on xbla and people will make you earn thousands of dollars.

i have personally worked on several dozen of projects that start in the same way. specially MMO's that start with someone having this huge idea and they're lacking the people to get it done. and of course you want it done so in this reality of getting it done and people buying it, you realise you'll make a considerable profit that allows you to pay others for they work.

but it has never worked that way. not its only a waste of someone else's time to work on stuff like that, specially when you could use that time on works that actually offer you a revenue for your work and not 'if x project is sucesfull'. you will then, as someone looking for a stable source of income, ignore stuff that doesnt represent hard earned cash at the end of the day. and it works like that for any work you'll ever take.

and even so, i've worked for free for people with the initiative to make a game and such and gave them graphcis and such for the sake of helping others develop their skills in programming and such because i know how much it sucks to have this great idea dn the skill to develop this game but you have two left hands and cant draw for shit.

all in all, good luck getting your game done for free. start from what you can do on your own,a nd maybe you'll hook more people in as soon as you actually show that progress is being made.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Spriters needer! Panda Extreme - by iceman9827 - 05-26-2010, 03:47 PM
RE: Spriters needer! Panda Extreme - by Iceman404 - 05-26-2010, 06:07 PM
RE: Spriters needer! Panda Extreme - by Shawn - 05-26-2010, 04:03 PM
RE: Spriters needer! Panda Extreme - by triptych - 05-26-2010, 04:04 PM
RE: Spriters needer! Panda Extreme - by triptych - 05-26-2010, 07:00 PM
RE: Spriters needer! Panda Extreme - by Ton - 05-27-2010, 01:10 AM
RE: Spriters needer! Panda Extreme - by Alpha Six - 05-27-2010, 01:13 AM
RE: Spriters needer! Panda Extreme - by Ton - 05-27-2010, 01:27 AM
RE: Spriters needer! Panda Extreme - by triptych - 05-27-2010, 01:53 PM
RE: Spriters needer! Panda Extreme - by Maneko - 05-27-2010, 02:57 PM