Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Smash RPG sprites - UPDATED:12/8 *Kirby Done?*
First thing I see is better skin contrast. Nice job, it worked.
However, I would change where you put your highlighting on the arms. You placed it over where you had shadow before. I would put the shadow back, and put a bit on the inner spots of the already established highlights. On the top hair, you should use the brightest color too, not just the brightest color's AA. It makes it darker in comparison to the arms, especially on a part exposed to more light. Chest is awesome, hands are awesome. I don't think the yellow on his tie is supposed to be dead center, but I could be wrong, so check a reference for me. I say move the back legs up one pixel, to emphasize how he's hunched over.

I AM curious, though. Why did you choose to use so many colors on the skin? Could you have got away with less? It looks great right now, but it might be overkill.
Most importantly to me, how does the color count line up with that of Mario & Luigi?

Okay, my 10 minutes are up, gotta go to bed. Good luck!
[Image: Altered_photo1_sig.png]
My crit posts tend to make me look arrogant if read the wrong way. That is not my intention. I am open to discussing anything you disagree with, so please do.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Smash RPG sprites - UPDATED: 2-4-2010 *LUIGI COMPLETE* - by Ego - 02-08-2010, 01:58 AM