Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Looking for rather difficult to find sprites.
Okay, the Super Robot Wars series is notorious for having hard to find sprites, Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier (in japan it's known as 無限のフロンティア スーパーロボット大戦OGサーガ) is no exception.

I've been looking for these for awhile now, know where I could get a hold of few? (aside from those from a blog I came across).
Thanked by:
Make no mistake, if any of us wanted to, we would have ripped em. I tried it once before.

From my experiences the game runs absurdly slow and the sound de-syncs. The current Emulators may not be up to spec in terms of that.

To sum it up, it's a software issue, for me anyway.

People on YouTube have made walkthroughs of the game with little problem, it's best to ask them what settings they used and what Emulator. Then maybe you can get us to help.

Also the Emu has to be ripper friendly (OAM Viewer) for us to even start the process, unless you can find a way to provide data from Ripping programs from Taxahan and the like.
Thanked by:
(05-29-2012, 08:49 PM)Ryan914 Wrote: Make no mistake, if any of us wanted to, we would have ripped em. I tried it once before.

From my experiences the game runs absurdly slow and the sound de-syncs. The current Emulators may not be up to spec in terms of that.

To sum it up, it's a software issue, for me anyway.

People on YouTube have made walkthroughs of the game with little problem, it's best to ask them what settings they used and what Emulator. Then maybe you can get us to help.

Also the Emu has to be ripper friendly (OAM Viewer) for us to even start the process, unless you can find a way to provide data from Ripping programs from Taxahan and the like.

make no mistake, it looks like someone didn't try hard enough

[Image: MnJqU.png]

try using tinke and your favorite tile editor to view the sprites. I suppose you could import the palettes via a screencap once you figure them out.

there's an SRL file that's actually a compressed archive, which has literally everything in it. I took the above graphic from /chr - but there's over 60? different folders in there with several .pk1 and .pk2 archives.
.pk1 files contain RGCN (what you want) and RAHC (also what you want) files.
.pk2 contains RECN (these tell the sprites how to "pose") and KBEC (no idea) files.

i'm not quite sure where the palettes are located yet. but i'm pretty sure RAHC and KBEC are simple NCGR and NCER files, respectively
within the RAHC files are the character bodies and each of their body parts is stored individually, as the sprites are comparable and as complex as some fighting game ones you'd see.
As you can see, this poor guy has no arms ):

from there, the .pk files are LZ10-encrypted archives so you'll have to decrypt each one.

have a blast o/
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Garamonde