Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Black Background of Doom [SOLVED]
Okay. Sorry for this late reply, however I would just like to take a few seconds to tell people how I -really- solved my problem for this. Incase someone is wondering, or a newbie needs help they can read this.

1. I opened Photoshop, and the image I wanted to use.
2. And I went to channels, selected the RED channel and made a duplicate.
3. Then went to " Select " and clicked " Load Selection " and loaded the RED Duplicate.(Copy)
4. After that, I went back to " Select " and clicked " Inverse " and pressed " Delete "
5. Once done with that, I went to Layers, double clicked on the image layer, and made it a new layer. [I also deleted all other layers, if there were any. Like Background 0]
6. And last, THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!! I selected the layer with the image, and deselected my image, where you would edit it. And went to " Layer " then went down to " Matting " and here is what I did, to make it work with RPG Maker VX: " Remove Black Matte " and " Remove White Matte "

Of course then I saved it as PNG or whatever, and viola, completely transparent image. No " Black Stuff " around it, or white. ^^
This should work on kinds kind of projects. Like Game Maker/RPG Maker VX/Etc.
Problem is now official solved. If the mods want, lock this thread, put it in some help area, do whatever. If anyone wants to, they can take those steps I used above and throw it in a tutorial, to help some newer people with spriting, I do not mind. ^^ Thank you, and have a nice day!~ Cute
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Black Background of Doom [SOLVED] - by Takilyn - 10-14-2009, 01:54 AM
RE: PNG Black Background of Doom - by Alpha Six - 10-14-2009, 11:21 AM
RE: PNG Black Background of Doom - by Takilyn - 10-14-2009, 12:38 PM
RE: PNG Black Background of Doom - by Alpha Six - 10-14-2009, 12:47 PM
RE: PNG Black Background of Doom - by Takilyn - 10-14-2009, 12:50 PM
RE: PNG Black Background of Doom - by Ekoi - 10-14-2009, 02:46 PM
RE: PNG Black Background of Doom - by Takilyn - 10-16-2009, 12:52 PM