Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
There's no end to esreveR sprite threads...
Zoop a double-post. But this is probably a good thing for 56k users who want A NEW PAGE GOD DAMMIT

This background loops, and is now long-overdue for SW-R. It also doesn't loop very well. But of course, there's...

...Chinatown! Which might work a lot of a heck better. This is a mix of sprites from the Neo-Geo and PlayStation, with NeoGeo colors (They were better, weren't they?). I also have a version with the buildings destroyed, but the lag is so bad I didn't bother posting it.

I forgot which area this was in MS5, I know it was in Mission 2 but what the actual designation was is beyond my memory. But it's a takeoff strip! And you know about those unused Komet planes that someone found ages ago? They would've taken off here! But alas, they just replaced them with those hoverbikes which in reality didn't even need a runway. Still, I've found sprites of the Komets in the distance, which implies they would've been enemies of some sort. How that would've worked is beyond me, really.

[Image: floatingfuckingisland.png]

This was a (bad) attempt at making a view from that gigantic starship/floating continent from Raiden II. Yes, that...thing in the final level was a starship! It was just a starship that looks like a floating continent. Complete with its own army. Yeah, the Cranassians are nuts. This thing was a pain to recolor, so I'm trying to find better ways to do it...

[Image: texttexttexttexttext.gif]

Animated character text, in case I do sprite comics. There are six players total in Metal Slug 6/7, and Leona in XX would probably do her missions alone, so yeah. Not sure what to do about other enemies quite yet.

[Image: empiretroopchopper.gif]

I got the inspiration for this from Dolphin Blue, what with the Empire choppers and all. While this isn't steam-powered, it's got the ability to drop bombs and troops just like its counterpart. I tried putting camouflage effects on this one. The fact I re-used colors makes it hard to tell though.

[Image: unioncargochopper.gif]

This one was inspired by Under Defeat's cargo choppers, which carry various power-ups in the game (The single-rotored helicopter, uh...I'll do that later or something). Again, I camouflaged it a bit, and it may be easier to tell this time around. This one happens to have both of the armaments that the game gives them at once, which should be interesting...

[Image: pfchopper.gif]

Oh look! What is this? Reverse rips from Metal Slug 6! Of course, it's probably a bit sloppy since I had to do it by screenshots, but at least I, you know, did it. I also edited it slightly, since the original didn't have the full animation for the rear rotor.

[Image: gasmaskcommander.gif]

A Ptolemaic gasmask commander edit that actually looks decent. I should probably remove the crappier sprites of mine from Maj, but I keep worrying about broken links and get lazy. Bah. In other news, I should use a different animation to test my palettes, but the handgun one is one of the few that uses all of the colors available...

[Image: pfsquadrecruit2.gif]

You probably don't recall the generic PF recruits from Metal Slug advance, but I tried giving them a bit more animation and this was the result. Still not satisfied with them though, as it's more exaggerated than the MSA sprites, and I still need to add more animation to the face.

[Image: playerrumi1.gif]

ZOMG Rumi got three years older and actually learned how to use a map! Maybe. Just fiddling around in Photoshop and crap.

[Image: cadianripoffs.gif]

So Sprite Wars has lots of female mooks. Why is that? Well, fuck if I know! Rule of Cool, I guess. I tried making my own based on inspiration I saw there, and this was the result. I think I still have room to improve, but oh well.

[Image: youcantseeme.gif]

This was CENSORED I created out of boredom and CENSORED, complete with camouflage. Of course, it's CENSORED but do you honestly expect me to CENSORED?

[Image: firevulcan.gif][Image: loadinshell.gif][Image: sophia1.gif]

Slightly modified screencaps from the original Metal Slug's attract mode. I think I have the Metal Slug closeup itself somewhere (I used it in my signature, obviously) but I forgot where I saved it >_< Also, Sophia from Combat School, ripped from NeoCD (Also used as avatar)! I finally figured out how to talk to her, but since I'm a Super Devil already, I never got to know what she was like when she was above me in rank and it's really awkward Cry

[Image: xlayfire.gif][Image: xlaylock.gif][Image: xlaypilot.gif]

Some rips from Rayforce's attract mode. Nothing special, really, though I used some of them for my avatar and signature on MSDB. I should probably switch them between here and there, but the whole "make your avatar hot girls" thing isn't exactly over yet...

[Image: batsugun.gif]

And Batsugun. This made a rather short-lived theme on Sprite Wars, before I decided to go for...

[Image: denebbig.gif][Image: randabig.gif]

...BATTLE BAKRAID! Randa is truly my dream nation. They're uber-capitalist, freedom-loving aeronautical engineers who have an unstoppable defense force of nine air show pilots! If it existed I would totally move there. Like, right fucking now.

Deneb is for losers by the way.

[Image: dave.gif]

ZOMG self-insert sprites! I was planning on entering Sprite Wars so I've been working on these for a while. Kind of. I tried to go for a semi-anonymous look since he's supposed to be related to The Man, though he's not actually The Man himself. He also has an extremely powerful handgun and a secret other form.

This post took five fucking days to make. Mostly because Majhost, Firefox, and Windows Filepicker were conspiring to be stupid and take for-fucking-ever to work. And laziness. And indecision over whether to upload or not. And I'm not finished with it, either. Expect some edits.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: There's no end to esreveR sprite threads... - by esreveR - 12-18-2010, 04:38 PM