Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
There's no end to esreveR sprite threads...
Dammit, you guys! No responses again?! Not only that, but I've noticed quite a few of you guys never bother checking the tiles for rare/unused animations (That Bradley doesn't have its armor-piercer-death, you know...). But I digress. Here's some random shit I haven't updated in ages because Majhost sucks.

[Image: thecoverissue.gif]

Why Run-N-Gun is so much more interesting, albeit less realistic.

[Image: gulslatem.gif]

How about playing a Rebel mowing down hordes of PF Squad members? Eh, maybe?

[Image: heavysoldier.gif]

Hey, remember these guys from Uncharted 2?

[Image: darkmetalslug.gif]

That dark Metal Slug from MS1, which Ignition Entertainment (And presumably the developers themselves) liked enough to put on the front page of some really obscure MS Anthology site still sitting around with barely any views (I view it though, but the sounds are admittedly rather annoying).

[Image: sv001b.gif]

Metal Slug Type-B. You had better fasten that seat belt of yours or you're not jumping out of this thing intact. (For those of you that don't get it, there's a Type-B Slugnoid in MS7 that pretty much allows for limitless jumping height. This is a Metal Slug variant similar in the respect it puts the Ostrich to same just as much, if not even more).

[Image: ackack1.gif][Image: rebellaunch.gif]

Spankin' new versions of friggin' old animations.

[Image: rebelouthouse.gif]

So it's been ripped a bajillion times and every time the guy thinks he's so clever. Yeah, well, I'm going to admit firsthand that this is definitely not clever at all.

[Image: ohboyirememberthis.gif]

Raise your hand if you want an Arcade-style version of MS2M. No hands? You guys all suck.

Oh right, Eri's not even in it there, that was Red Eye. Eh, whatever.

[Image: ThisSnakeIsMostSolidc4e.gif]

Paheal idea + Metal Slug sprites + Photoshop edits + Metal Gear Solid parody = ???...no, fuck that, PROFIT!

[Image: firstmissionmarco.gif][Image: firstmissioneri.gif]

I'm especially proud of these because way back in First Mission Eri was so valued she was a fucking unlockable! Take that you Fio whores!\

[Image: gimlet1.gif][Image: redeye1.gif]

They suck. That is all.

[Image: greenrumi1.gif]

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE

Now imagine that you're going about your usual business mowing down Eri clones and one of these buggers randomly runs by without even making any sort of effect except distracting you and getting you killed. That would be pretty awesome if you ask me.

[Image: ohgodfffff.gif]

YOU CAN'T RUN 40MPH FOREVER...WELL, OKAY, MAYBE YOU CAN

Too bad us players can't do that anymore, because I remember someone did that in Gunforce 2 and I was like, "Wait, really? You can do that?" Just don't sit around there for too long or you'll be run over by the train, or worse yet simply fall offscreen and die for no other real reason. Which isn't really that much worse, now that I think of it. In fact, it's practically questionable whether it's worse or no-MOVING ON...

[Image: majorneuralnode.png]

I don't know about you, but I remember R-Type Leo having a very similar scene where you fight the bionic computer thingy called the "Major" which appears as a bubble thing like this. It even spawns little blobby things in the last phase of the fight which are extremely annoying. And it even blows away to reveal an escape route! Too bad the escape sequence isn't quite as crazy as MS3 though. But come on, that was ages ago. And the giant...um...jumping crabs with dicks are still decent midbosses.

[Image: coreroom.gif]

I can just imagine "Fear of Approaching" by Go Sato playing here, because I was trying to achieve a similar environment to that massive fusion core that that space station had in Viper Phase 1. Complete with nodes firing machineguns and (not-so-hovering) tanks.

Sadly, that's all there is so far, and it has been that way for a while because I've been trying to figure out how to win Advance Wars without playing lucky lucky Tasha every damn time.

And luck isn't even part of her stats, which makes things even stranger. Especially when I win against that one NRA asshole with the shirt logo thing with so much ease the war ended in two days. And I beat his War Tank's ass in with like two infantrymen, to make it just that more absurd.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: There's no end to esreveR sprite threads... - by esreveR - 11-18-2009, 10:43 PM