Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Digimon World Championship
Okay so, I've spent the last day or so grappling with digimon world championship in an effort to rip a nice set of sprites from the game. I personally find the sprites excellent, and would like to rip as many as possible, and due to the nature of the game the screenshot and cut method is simple far too time consuming to consider. My attempts to rip the sprites directly from the game have yielded some okay results. From Tahaxan I've deduced that there are 8 files per digimon:

mXXX_digimonname_main.nanr
mXXX_digimonname_main.ncbr
mXXX_digimonname_main.ncer
mXXX_digimonname_main.nclr
mXXX_digimonname_sub.nanr
mXXX_digimonname_sub.ncgr
mXXX_digimonname_sub.ncer
mXXX_digimonname_sub.nclr

First I investigated
mXXX_digimonname_sub.ncgr
and
mXXX_digimonname_sub.nclr
as after a little bit of research it was clear that it was just a sprite and a palette.
And here was the result in TiledGGVery Sad
[Image: bwgm.png]

That is tiled and 8 bits per pixel, and it looks pretty complete, just some simple re-arranging and there's a set of complete sprites. However, there are only 6 or 7 sprites there, not nearly close to the number in the full game. Next I investigated
mXXX_digimonname_main.ncbr
and
mXXX_digimonname_main.nclr
Hopefully yielding another clean set of sprites, however, in tileGGD the only tangable result was at 4bits per pixel linear and even then the result was distorted and incredibly low-res, nothing like the ingame sprites:

[Image: greymon.png]

I've yet to investigated ncer and nanr, I understand nanr is an animation file but no idea what ncer is.

I'm currently out of ideas of what to do next Any help anyone can lend me would be greatly appreciated, and I'll be more than happy to upload a set of files if anyone doesn't have access to the game.

Thanks.
Thanked by: manu_7, manu_7

Messages In This Thread
Digimon World Championship - by Fascia - 05-31-2009, 04:17 PM
RE: Digimon World Championship - by Dazz - 06-01-2009, 04:29 AM
RE: Digimon World Championship - by Fascia - 06-01-2009, 06:50 AM
RE: Digimon World Championship - by Dazz - 06-01-2009, 08:56 AM
RE: Digimon World Championship - by Fascia - 06-02-2009, 05:16 AM
RE: Digimon World Championship - by Dazz - 06-02-2009, 05:20 AM
RE: Digimon World Championship - by Fascia - 06-02-2009, 05:25 AM
RE: Digimon World Championship - by Dazz - 06-02-2009, 05:54 AM
RE: Digimon World Championship - by Andoryuu - 06-22-2009, 10:00 AM