Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sheet Making Etiquette
Question 
Hi!

I wanted to ask, are there any common practices in how you're supposed to align sprite sheets, aside from the points mentioned on the Wiki page? I've been browsing both it and the forums but couldn't find anything so far.

Or to be more specific, for example: if a background is a 256x256 file, but a good chunk of it is bright neon blue because that's the placeholder color and the real background only has a length of like 200, is it better to cut that blue out since it's not really part of the background, or keep it in because it's still part of the ripped file?
As well as, multiple versions of a sprite or bg that are identical except for the langauge of some text - does everything go in or just certain languages, like og + english?
And: if a tutorial section has objects + backgrounds + fonts + tutorial screenshots + etc etc, is it better to put all of them in a single sheet that might be very crowded, or multiple sheets in the same section that might only have very few assets each?

Stuff like that, basically. Looked at other sheets to get a feel for it but a lot of them were rather old so I wasn't sure how reflective of current standards they are.

Thanks in advance for any help! (and apologies if this is too lenghy or in the wrong forum)
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Sheet Making Etiquette - by ToastShark - 04-12-2024, 02:36 PM
RE: Sheet Making Etiquette - by Shade - 04-13-2024, 02:37 AM
RE: Sheet Making Etiquette - by Yawackhary - 04-13-2024, 01:24 PM
RE: Sheet Making Etiquette - by ToastShark - 04-13-2024, 07:41 PM