Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
POKEMON 3 sprite thread!
Tongue 
Pokemon Pokemon Pokemon POKEMON 3 THREAD Pokemon Pokemon Pokemon
[Image: E3T383H.png]
(artwork in this pic was done by Mattsludge)

Rawr~ Big Grin hi everyone! im making this thread to share sprites and artwork for my pokemon fan game, pokemon 3. its a GBC style fan game inspired by pokemon bootlegs and made in RPGmaker XP with Pokemon Essentials, so it doesnt necessarily have to fit within gameboy color restrictions but im trying to mostly make it fit the style, unless it would be too much of a pain in the ass to the point where i just dont feel like bothering with it Dope

my friend Mattsludge is doing most of the designs for the pokemon (ive done a couple but he does like 99% of them Starry Eyes ) and im making the sprites, which is what this thread is mostly for, but matt and i will probably post some of his original artwork for some or most of the designs im sure. im going to be posting each evolution line of pokemon in their own post (if i ever figure out how to make a post that doesnt just get added under this one with a horizontal rule instead of actually being separate Nervous ) and will keep posting them as i make them. i have around 80 pokemon done so far as im typing this so the first 80 or so will probably be posted much faster then new ones will start coming in slower. also im going to be posting them roughly in the order i made them rather than purely in pokedex order, especially since the pokedex order isnt finalized. Frosty! (snowman bc the first pokemon line is some snowman guys)

Thinking please give your thoughts on the sprites and dont be afraid to give constructive criticism! ill be the first to admit that a good number of these i havent really put maximum effort into but ive been progressively putting in more effort (and also just improving) as ive made them and ive also generally improved some during the process. ill probably also give some of my own criticisms of the sprites as im posting them, just saying what i think could be better on them, and eventually i might go back and update some of the older ones. despite this project not being ultra-high effort i do still want to put a lot of effort into making it good and part of that is improving my pixel art. i had some experience with pixel art before this project but i hadnt really put it into practice that much so im very much still learning as i go along. but yeah thats about it have fun looking at the pokemon!  Kyun Kyun Aidoru
(also just for reference, the first sprite of a mon is the normal colors, the second are the shiny, and the third is a grayscale palette like how it would appear on an original gameboy)

Frosty! ELTHEL LINE:
[Image: GfN6W7y.png]
these were the first sprites i made for the project so theyre a bit rough, some of the curves could definitely be a bit smoother and the detailing on snowpope is a little weird. some of the shading is also not quite where id like it to be especially compared to later sprites, i think i could have shaded beneath the heads more and made the shading go further on luhthunk. i also kinda stopped doing the double/triple thickness outlines like helord has on some parts of him after this so i think he looks a little inconsistent with the rest of the sprites  Thinking . if/when i redo or go back to tweak some sprites these guys will be first, but i still like them

Smile TATSUGIRI LINE:
[Image: EkCH70i.png]
this evo line is a regional variant of tatsugiri. the first two evolve into each other every level, until level 100 where they evolve into twotsugiri. i think these ones are pretty solid

Shocked MAIYAMULA:
[Image: nJdJbvt.png]  [Image: T0UbY21.png]
this ones sort of a weird one. i just took this image (on the right) and put it through a thing to bring the number of colors down and then refined the outline and stuff some. there are only a couple other mons that are jsut pictures that have been scaled down and stuff because i think its a lot cooler to just have an original sprite. i think this guys neat though. its name comes from a greentext spooky story
[Image: 7z6q3y8.gif] [Image: uJ3Sh5z.gif] the bonetender welcomes you... to my website!  Rawr~  [Image: Hao1ZQA.gif][Image: 7z6q3y8.gif]
Thanked by: Shade

Messages In This Thread
POKEMON 3 sprite thread! - by waddleskele - 02-18-2024, 08:20 PM
RE: POKEMON 3 sprite thread! - by waddleskele - 02-18-2024, 09:25 PM
RE: POKEMON 3 sprite thread! - by Mattsludge - 02-19-2024, 12:06 AM
RE: POKEMON 3 sprite thread! - by waddleskele - 02-19-2024, 12:09 AM
RE: POKEMON 3 sprite thread! - by waddleskele - 02-19-2024, 10:02 AM
RE: POKEMON 3 sprite thread! - by waddleskele - 02-19-2024, 03:50 PM
RE: POKEMON 3 sprite thread! - by waddleskele - 02-20-2024, 01:41 PM
RE: POKEMON 3 sprite thread! - by Mattsludge - 02-21-2024, 07:07 PM
RE: POKEMON 3 sprite thread! - by Shade - 02-21-2024, 11:42 PM
RE: POKEMON 3 sprite thread! - by waddleskele - 02-22-2024, 12:05 PM