Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Software Rendering Ripping
(12-12-2023, 10:05 PM)EaTstu Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 09:47 PM)RiffRaff1138 Wrote: Noesis supports FF7 models by default. 

How would I go about accessing said models, then? I mounted a .iso of the first disk and took a look inside. All the folders and files are hidden, and I can't extract, unhide, or even read any of them. What now?
Edit: For some reason entire folders don't work, but the individual files do. Nevermind, works like a charm.

Well, the Animations and textures are exporting fine. Only issue is the fact it's not transferring the vertex coloring! Argh!!! It's unlikely that this will get you out. Consider reverse engineering. I do a lot of research into fintech software development, studying https://dashdevs.com/fintech-software-development/ for this. I’ll say right away that this is a complex and time-consuming process. But if you want it, then no one will stop you!

I'd rather not do it manually, simply because 1: It's already on the model, and 2: I can and will mess it up. FBX and DAE are my two picks currently, Though they each have their own issues. DAE has the swords locked onto the hands, but the shoulders just disconnect from the rig entirely, but FBX just doesn't have the swords lock on. what a conundrum
Edit: Turns out the vertex coloring IS in the DAE, just had to change the input from a texture to the vertex coloring. Gotta, say, PSX cloud has never looked better
Are you still not succeeding?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Software Rendering Ripping - by EaTstu - 12-12-2023, 09:07 PM
RE: Software Rendering Ripping - by RiffRaff1138 - 12-12-2023, 09:47 PM
RE: Software Rendering Ripping - by EaTstu - 12-12-2023, 10:05 PM
RE: Software Rendering Ripping - by Peter_horis - 03-18-2024, 07:16 AM
RE: Software Rendering Ripping - by EaTstu - 12-12-2023, 11:29 PM