Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
King's Field (PS1 Trilogy) Rips
(12-29-2023, 07:43 PM)scurest Wrote: This is cool. What's your process for ripping these? I have a half-finished script for extracting the current Shadow Tower map from a RAM+VRAM dump sitting around somewhere, but I never managed to figure out a few things I needed to finish it.

Hey thanks -- for models I'm actually just able to rip them with PSXPrev. King's Field JP can have it's textures ripped with it as well but there's some extra steps with the other two.

First I extract the .T files from the bin file (I just use AnyBurn for this). Once those are extracted I use the King's Field Texture Tool to extract the TIM files. Finally I run those through PSXPrev to get them as pngs.

Shadow Tower is interesting -- I can rip some textures using the King's Field method but I don't believe I got any models unfortunately. I don't quite have the programming capabilities at the moment to be able to understand what's going on in the files so that's probably what I'm going to look into once I've wrapped this up. If you find anything out I'd love to hear it though

This game is basically done being ripped at this point there's just a lot of map objects left to do -- I need to take a while off of doing this though

I was actually able to find a hacky way to get the textures for the final bosses so those are submitted now

[Image: JL1MLlIE_o.png][Image: QEdGeNVQ_o.png]
(Jean Alfred Forester --> White Dragon Seath)
Here's some of the map objects I ripped as well:
[Image: w7KiVG7l_o.png][Image: PjkdnqWZ_o.png][Image: f2o0en9G_o.png][Image: aHyWjPHN_o.png][Image: Q8dgSy2T_o.png]
(Marilyn's Son --> Nora's Body --> Royal Emblem --> Save Crystal --> Town Sign)
I'm currently sitting at 556 pending submissions so I think now's a good time to ease off a bit. Aside from ripping this game, I still also need to wrap up some things from the first two so I have that to look forward to I guess
(Edit: weird that these two posts get connected)
Thanked by: scurest

Messages In This Thread
King's Field (PS1 Trilogy) Rips - by thadiusII - 11-22-2023, 01:08 PM
RE: King's Field Rips - by thadiusII - 12-18-2023, 04:24 PM
RE: King's Field Rips - by thadiusII - 12-19-2023, 11:43 PM
RE: King's Field Rips - by thadiusII - 12-21-2023, 11:15 AM
RE: King's Field Rips - by thadiusII - 12-22-2023, 05:50 PM
RE: King's Field (PS1 Trilogy) Rips - by scurest - 12-29-2023, 07:43 PM
RE: King's Field (PS1 Trilogy) Rips - by thadiusII - 01-03-2024, 06:30 PM