Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Files that refuse to open
Been modding a few games recently and have hit an issue with files that refuse to open despite many of my file openers saying they support the format.
For example, a .RES file should open with a program like Resource Hacker but it says the files are unsupported which is not true.
Same with .BIN files and some Executables. 

Right now, I'm trying to crack Thinkin' Things: Toony The Loon's Lagoon, a 1999 re release of Thinkin Things Collection 1 which was released in 1992.
I know where the files are, I just can't open them no matter what I use.

What I'm trying to do is mod Thinkin Things so the Fripple Shop customers have custom dialogs and also to remove the 20 item limit in the Flying Shapes/Spheres games but I cant open the .RES files to get to what I need to modify.

If you have a solution that involves GitHub, don't bother typing it. GitHub sucks and is an absolute pain to use. Trying to download from GitHub is even harder.
I just want a simple way to open the .RES files and edit the data inside without going through the trouble of using GitHub.

Modding a kids game from the 1990's shouldn't be this hard so any help would be great as long as it DOES NOT involve GitHub in any way, shape or form.
[Image: Screenshot_2023-09-12_124823.png?ex=6538...height=581]
Cracking Protected Game Files Is No Issue For Me!
Macromedia Director & Adobe Flash Player Will Never Die!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Files that refuse to open - by 108CAM - 09-14-2023, 07:13 PM
RE: Files that refuse to open - by Raccoon Sam - 09-15-2023, 04:44 AM
RE: Files that refuse to open - by 108CAM - 09-15-2023, 08:07 PM
RE: Files that refuse to open - by Raccoon Sam - 09-16-2023, 01:01 AM
RE: Files that refuse to open - by 108CAM - 09-19-2023, 01:35 AM