Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Some more Zeebo game ripping help
You read the title.
After working on Double Dragon for the Zeebo, I've been more interested in ripping sprites for other Zeebo games, though a couple of the games I'm actually interested in have a few roadblocks.

Firstly, Action Hero 3D: Wild Dog.
This Viewtiful Joe like game stores all of its graphics inside the a3dres.res file.
I did attempt opening this file using Magic Extractor (which does read some .res files), but it threw me a memory adress error and then an out of memory error (though it kinda read the file to some extent, weirdly enough). Dragon Unpacker didn't even want to open the file.
What I do know is that inside this .res file, there are multiple .bmp, .mbac, .mtra, .txt and .map files. I fell like I'm so close to accessing these files I can almost taste it, here's hoping.
EDIT: It has been done. Thank you to the hero from the XeNTaX forums for their help.

And secondly, there's Resident Evil 4: Zeebo Edition.
The rather infamous port of RE4 stores it's files inside .h2z files. This is easy enough to extract once you know where to look, but the real problem are the .mct, .mcms, .mcts, .mcas, .mcm, .hfi and .bin files. In the case of sprites I believe those are stored inside the .mct files.
With these files sadly I have no idea. I looked around and couldn't find anything.

I was also gonna mention Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D, but I already extracted all the graphics from that game, so that won't be necessary.
Alpine Racer/Pac-Mania stores it's files inside a .bar file it seems. And Un Juego de Huevos has its data stored in a data.pap file.

Zenonia seems to also use a .bar file to store it's data. A lot of Tectoy's own 1st party games use a .pakz file to store their data.

So, if there's anyone who has any knowledge on how to extract those .res or those .mct files, please let me know.
[Image: KC.png?rlkey=wev6gh1kef9rk8zky1idi0ozf&raw=1][Image: dededeherbert2.jpg][Image: KC.png?rlkey=wev6gh1kef9rk8zky1idi0ozf&raw=1]
Thanked by: MoonSarito

Messages In This Thread
Some more Zeebo game ripping help - by Kurabupengin - 07-15-2023, 05:39 PM