Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
.dae importing issue
I'm guessing you took all the model part armatures, parented them together, then tried to export as .DAE. Do not do this.

If the model is made up of multiple models with their own armatures, then you should submit them as such.

For instance, it looks like there are 4 models making up this Meiko module, the body / hands / face / hair. So your submission should look like this.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15245]
You will have to import each model part and save them each as .DAE and .FBX.

The end user will have to manually parent the armatures together themselves, but it prevents any issues that would be causes by trying to export a model that has multiple armatures attached.

Remember to use the model checker to detect problems in your .OBJ and .DAE models that could result in rejection: https://www.models-resource.com/page/modelchecker/

As a bonus, you could include a combined version of the model that has all the model parts and only one combined armature. In that case you would have to combine all of the armatures and manually fix the bone parenting. Including a combined model is not required.

PS: You should include the original model(s) in addition to the broken exported model(s) in your downloads.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey, I'm Jasper! I am an avid model ripper, I also like Splatoon and Vocaloid.

Currently ripping from: N/A
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
.dae importing issue - by spiderfriend - 05-24-2023, 11:36 PM
RE: .dae importing issue - by Jasper7438 - 05-27-2023, 08:33 PM
RE: .dae importing issue - by spiderfriend - 05-28-2023, 07:23 PM
RE: .dae importing issue - by Jasper7438 - 05-28-2023, 08:41 PM
RE: .dae importing issue - by spiderfriend - 05-28-2023, 09:04 PM