Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Bomberman Versus - My Dream Fangame
Right now I'm working on a simple character selection screen. At the moment I have nothing to show as I have just a totally empty window. But I guess I can share some of my plans.
I am working on palette system right now, this is why it is taking a rather long time for me to render anything to the screen. I am also embedding the assets directly into the executable as if it was just a simple SNES ROM. So rather than loading the assets from PNGs for instance, I am looking directly at the original sprites, copying their palette color values, and copying their palette indexes into the executable in a hex format.

Regarding the character selection screen, I have a very old idea on how I want it to look like. I really love the SB4 character selection screen, and I am doing something that primarily resembles it.
.[Image: battle-battle4.gif]
And the SB5 selection screen is also being taken as inspiration.
[Image: SBM5_BattleMode-SubordinateBomber.png]
And a final thing I am using as inspiration for the character selection screen is the character customization screen that is also from SB5:
[Image: SuperBomb5SubBomberCustom.png]
This one is a little harder to explain, but as my character selection screen gets more complete you guys will see why.

See ya! I am hoping that later this day I can have a simple sprite rendering to the screen already.
Just a random dude. I really love programming in C! Hopefully I can publish a game someday! Sometimes I like to rip Super Nintendo games too!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Bomberman Versus - My Dream Fangame - by Alefy San - 01-26-2023, 07:30 AM